nuffnang

Monday, May 13, 2013

From Baguio to Sagada


Before the vacation, my family had a meeting on where will we visit. My father and aunt they wanted to visit Sagada. In my thought, Sagada ahhh ok and I was worried if the road was good, safe. I imagined the road would be like from the show World's Dangerous Roads.

We only spent a day and one night in Baguio. We arrived at Baguio around 6pm, and on the next day we went to the tourist spots in the city then travel to Sagada via Halsema Highway in the afternoon. I can not sleep during road trips and going to places during the first time of my visit because I want to see the places before reaching the destination. During the travel the thought of worrying what the road might be like was gone. While we were in Burnham Park we asked the boat operator about the road going to Sagada and was kind to share some of the tourist we can found. We were assured that the road going there was good. And it was true.

Halsema Highway is one of the craziest road I've travel. Lots of blind curves, subida but it has a breathtaking view and the government did a great job on improving the highway (the people's money). I was not scared seeing the "bakilid" beside the road because I trust my cousin driver.


credits: www.thepinoyexplorer.com 




We also passed by this amazing half-tunnel. This was one of the tips that the boat operator gave us.

I did not expect that there are lots of people living in this places because it so mountainous. I was impressed of these people because I think they never get hungry. They are so productive, even though they live in the mountain they found their way to plant for food by building terraces. Hardworking people.

Man-made Natumpukan Half-tunnel 

And this the highest point of the Philippine Highway System.



Amazing views. Vegetable, rice terraces. Hardworking people.





The road

Rice Terraces
They never get hungry.

always smile! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment